Seven Dials pop-up offering brands a ‘creative playground’
Creative studio Made Thought have launched a concept store in London’s Seven Dials that it says gives brands a new platform to explore the future of retail and brand experience.
The 3-month pop-up is a ‘creative playground’ where brands can experiment with new collaborations and cultural programming to decode what retail and consumer desire means today.
The store will host activations and installations from Fred Perry, Tom Dixon, Ableton, G.F Smith, True & Co, Naim Audio, Wildsmith Skin, Imprimerie Du Marais, Heckfield Place, PINK and many more.
Made Thought are also displaying their archive of work from the past decade in a ‘living portfolio’, featuring projects for Design Miami, MoMA, Stella McCartney and more.
The multi-faceted programme of launches, events and experience-based retail concepts includes:
- An installation recreating Norwegian songwriter Farao’s music studio as an installation by music production brand Ableton: plus a live performance giving visitors the opportunity to connect, collaborate and interact with Ableton Live and Push within an inspiring environment (16th – 29th October).
- The launch of the AW19 Fred Perry x Made Thought exclusive collection: Made Thought and Fred Perry collaborate on a capsule collection which decodes the brand’s 5:4:4 tipping ratio, building an artistic and symbolic language that is a new perspective for the brand. (29th October – 14th November)
- A contemporary, all-female dance performance: celebrating the re-brand of underwear label True&Co with a choreographed immersive performance (6th November)
- A soundscape and immersive environment with Naim Audio: the audio brand and Made Thought curate an emotive sonic experience showcasing Naim’s audio technology.
- An autumnal equinox inspired installation and ‘biodynamic living’ workshop: hosted by prestige natural and sustainable skincare brand Wildsmith and the luxury eco-hotel Heckfield Place.
- A series of talks centred around circular design as the solution to sustainability issues: with thought leaders and activists in this arena including Sian Sutherland of A Plastic Planet.
Ben Parker, Creative Director and Founding Partner of Made Thought, said: “So much of our creative work for brands is concerned with how to cultivate consumer desire and how to humanise brand experiences, particularly in a retail environment. We’ve brought all of this creative thinking and experience together in the Made Thought pop-up store to give brands a platform to interrogate what brand experience means today, as well as the deepening intersection of culture and commerce.”
As well as the events and installation programme, visitors can also shop the Made Thoughts’ limited edition lifestyle collection designed by the agency exclusively for the store. All of the products, ranging from sweatshirts, tees and candles to G.F Smith notebooks, are carbon neutral and sustainably made from responsible materials in the UK.
Paul Austin, Director and Founding Partner of Made Thought, added: “We hope that exploring and experimenting with such diverse brands, retail concepts and ideas in one dynamic space will inspire other brands to push what they offer consumers in their retail offerings and lead to wider creative conversations about the power and opportunities of creative collaborations and programming in retail today.”
The store is located at 27 Shorts Gardens, London WC2H 9AP, and is open until November 30th.